Log in

Top Stories        News         Sports

Residents barely escape house fire

Write a comment

Trinity firefighters battled a blaze at a home on Falcon Street they believed was caused by a faulty air conditioner. Courtesy photoTrinity firefighters battled a blaze at a home on Falcon Street they believed was caused by a faulty air conditioner. Courtesy photo

TCNS staff

TRINITY — Three residents narrowly escaped a fire that erupted on Falcon Street around 5:30 p.m. Friday.

Assistant Fire Chief Keith Johnson said the Trinity Fire Department responded to the structure fire in the Pinecrest subdivision on Falcon Street with three trucks and 14 firefighters. They contained the fire in about 20 minutes. 

Even though the fire was extinguished quickly, the damage to the home and its contents was extensive. Resident Laura Thrasher and two others were able to exit the building during the fire, and no injuries were reported. 

Johnson said the blaze possibly was caused by a malfunctioning window air conditioner. 

Say something here...
symbols left.
You are a guest ( Sign Up ? )
or post as a guest
Loading comment... The comment will be refreshed after 00:00.

Be the first to comment.