Holderman announces WISD board candidacy
My name is Eleanor Holderman, and I am a candidate for election to Place 7 of the Woodville ISD Board of Trustees. I’d like to respond to a couple of questions that some have asked me: Why am I running? Why should they vote for me?
QUESTION: Why am I running?
• I have a passion FOR encouraging our students and staff - along with a desire to help provide the best possible resources for them.
• I am FOR the exciting progress being made at Woodville schools, and I applaud our current leadership team – many of whom I taught, and all of whom I respect and appreciate
• I am FOR offering a leadership perspective that only comes with years of living and serving in a community.
QUESTION: Why should you vote for me?
• I have experience working as a team member to see the BIG PICTURE, develop a LONG-TERM VISION, and set FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE GOALS.
• For decades I’ve sought ways to contribute to improving opportunities for each of our students to achieve their full potential.
• During those years I’ve worked as a parent, teacher, counselor, consultant, volunteer mentor, grandparent, and even as a Board member.
• I have taught students who competed and won awards at District, State, and National levels in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs.
• I have written curriculum materials that were published through the Texas Education Agency and distributed statewide to CTE teachers.
• During the recent bond election, I was reminded of my generation’s deep interest in and desire to support our schools and the people in them.
• Therefore, I want to listen to anyone of any generation who has questions or comments about our school. I want to understand their point of view about needs, concerns, and issues. I want to do the work to find and apply the best possible responses to those needs, concerns, and issues.
• Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of my candidacy as a seasoned senior citizen for Woodville ISD Board of Trustees.
- Hits: 291