Special to the News-Standard
ELKHART — Trinity Powerlifting competed in the last invitational meet of the season, and the Lady Tigers came away with a second-place overall finish and the boys placed third overall.
Girls regional qualifying will be finalized soon, and Trinity should at the regional meet in Fairfield on Feb. 26.
Individual honors include:
• Deandra Mills, first place
• Brooklyn Schubert, fifth place
• Darlenne Orellana, second place
• Stephanie Ruiz, fourth place
• Joshlyn Madera, second place
• Maria Mendoza, third place
• Gracie Robb, fourth place
• Kailyn Fisher, first place
• Preston Riddle, first place
• Wyatt Benett, second place
• Remi Lassman, second place
• Cole Odom, second place
• David McKendree, third place
• Elis Caceres, first place
GARRISON — The Lady Indian Powerlifters took the top team spot at the Garrison Invitational Saturday.
Lexia Blanks was first place in the 105-weight class. Samantha Smith was first place in the 114-weight class. Rebecca Langley was second place in the 114-weight class. Daisia Leonard was fifth place is the 132-weight class. Isabell Killingsworth was fourth in the 148-weight class. Mercedes Wilson was third in the 220-weight class.
Lexia Blanks was named outstanding lifter for the light platforms. This award is given based on the lifters body weight compared to the amount of weight lifted.