Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest in the used book sale. We did very good this past two weeks. There are still many more to sell so grab your bag and come fill it up.
All books, audio books and DVDs are 10 for $1. We are adding new books every few weeks and if you have a particular author that you like to read then give us a call. Your librarian would be more than happy to pull all books by a certain author for anyone who is interested. Please call and we will be happy to bring them to you for a donation to the library.
• We added four more new patrons to make a total of 95 active library patrons. Your librarian has changed her goal to 150 active patrons by the end of the year. A library card is free and all you need to obtain one is come into the library and sign up. I will look forward to seeing you soon.
• Texas Workforce Solutions will be at the library on April 7 and April 19 from 1-4 p.m. We are very blessed to have them come to help anyone who needs help with employment issues.
• National Library Week is April 3-9. Starting April 4, anyone who comes in and checks out a book will get a free book of their choice from the book sale.
• Our school has its spring break the week of April 11. We will be having some special opportunities at the library during that week. Story Time at the Library will be every day from 5-6 p.m. during the spring break week of April 11 through April 14. The library will be closed on Friday, April 15, to celebrate Good Friday.
• Your librarian is already working on the Children’s Summer Reading Program. This year the program dates are June 1 through July 29. Our theme is “Oceans of Possibilities.” We had a great time last year and this year will be better. This program will be available for 4 to 12 years old. If anyone would like to come and read for story time, please call the library. We have a few reading times open for the summer.
Donations between March 11-25 were $27.85 and this brings our total to $1,774.31. Our Library Building Fund is growing a little every week. Please put your change in the donation jars at McClain’s Hardware, One Stop Grocery and Pizza, Pruitt’s Auto, and Susie Q’s. Thank you to these businesses for their support. Thank you to everyone who drops their pennies in the jars.
The library offers copy services and fax services and Notary Public services.
If you are aware of any person that is homebound and cannot get to the library but would like to have books to read, please call the library. We will work on a time for delivery and pickup of books if someone shows interest. This is your library. Please let me know how I can be of service to you.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 1 to 6 p.m.
Story time is at 5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. ESL class is at 2 p.m. Friday
The library phone number is (936) 642-2483, and the location is in the rock building just east of the courthouse.
Cathy Czajkowski is director of the Groveton Public Library.