2021 Junior Queens Court
Special to the News-Times
COLDSPRING — Numerous events are planned for the 74th annual San Jacinto County Fair, including a perennial favorite, the Queen Contest.
The 2020 SJC Fair and Rodeo Queen, Tori Matthews, will crown the new Queen from the following contestants:
- Contestant No. 1, Bobbie McBride 16-year-old Junior at Texas Connections Academy of Houston, sponsored by Weiman Air.
- Contestant No. 2, Leah Phillips, 14-year-old eighth-grader at Shepherd Middle School, sponsored by Hempel USA.
- Contestant No. 3, Kaylen McAdams, 17-year-old Junior at Coldspring High School, sponsored by Coldspring Vet Clinic.
- Contestant No. 4, Abigail Mosley, 13-year-old eighth-grader at Shepherd Middle School, sponsored by Magnolia Academy.
- Contestant No. 5, Shelby Lee, 14-year-old Freshman at Coldspring High School, sponsored by Coldspring Farm & Ranch.
- Contestant No. 6, Layla Howton, 13-year-old eighth-grader at Shepherd Middle School, sponsored by Last Chance Feed & More.
- Contestant No. 7, Hayden Richards, 13-year-old eighth-grader at Lincoln Junior High, sponsored by Franklin's Feed.
Schedule of events
5 -8 p.m. BBQ early bird move-in, move in per Doug Lilley, Concessions/Vendors move in
8 a.m.-6 p.m. BBQ Team move in
6 p.m. BBQ Cook-off Activities, Campers move
10 a.m. Parade
Noon Baby Contest Registration
1 p.m. Baby Contest
4 p.m. BBQ Contest Winners Announced
5 p.m. Queen's First Horsemanship Pattern
6 p.m. Tame the Beast Bull Riding
9 p.m. Dance- Matt Mercado Band
3-5 p.m. Swine Check In
4-7 p.m. Educational Barn Projects Check-In
5-6 p.m. Poultry and Lamb Check-In
6 p.m. Poultry Show Begins
7:30 p.m. Lamb Show Begins, junior and senior
5-5:30 p.m. Rabbit check-in and inspection
5-6 p.m. Goat Check In
5:30 p.m. Rabbit Show Begins
7 p.m. Goat Show Begins, junior and senior
9 a.m. Fine Arts/Handicraft interviews
3-5 p.m. Steers and all heifers check-in
7 p.m. Market Swine Show- Jr then Sr
9 a.m. Horticulture/Food Interviews
9 a.m. Ag Mechanics Judging
7:30 p.m. Rodeo and Queen's 2nd Horsemanship
9 a.m. Breeding Heifer Show, followed by Commercial Heifer Show, followed by Market Steer Show
1 p.m. Auction set up. Volunteers appreciated!
2 p.m. Species Chair Notify Sale Committee of Non-Sale animals
After show until 4 p.m. Non-Sale Animal check-out
7:30 p.m. Rodeo
10 a.m. Exhibitors to pick up Sale numbers
10:30 a.m. Awards and Recognition
11 a.m. Youth Auction
7:30 p.m. Rodeo and Crowning of 2020 Queen
8 -10 a.m. Mandatory Exhibitor Grounds Clean up, buyer/add-on verification, and animal check-out, Ed Barn Exhibitors/projects included
7-11 a.m. Concessions/Vendors move out
- Hits: 1089