Special to the News-Times
COLDSPRING — The Coldspring-Oakhurst CISD Board of Trustees officially hired Dr. Bryan Taulton as Superintendent of Schools at a special meeting on May 27.
Taulton was named lone finalist on May 4, but due to state law, there was a 21-day waiting period before the Board could formally vote to approve him for the position.
Taulton has 15 years of professional experience in public education and has served as a teacher, assistant principal, junior high principal, high school principal, and assistant superintendent before taking the position of superintendent at Goodrich ISD.
He currently teaches graduate courses at Houston Baptist University in the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, specializing in school law, school business management and finance, instructional leadership and evaluation, and interpersonal communication and public relations.
At the board’s regular meeting on May 24, the board swore in two new members, elected in the May 1 general election.
Other items discussed by the board include:
- the annual review of board policy on ethics.
- a proposal for the construction of stadium restrooms.
- awarding the depository contract for the 2021-2023 biennium.
- revisions to summer school supplemental pay rates.
- the COCISD 2021-2022 compensation plan.
- a resolution regarding ESSER III grant funds.
- the purchase of technology devices and components.