By Tony Farkas
COLDSPRING — Incumbent County Commissioner Mark Nettuno outlasted a challenge by Tammy Betancourt in the Republican Primary Election on Tuesday.
Since no Democrat filed for the seat, essentially Nettuno gets to keep his post, once the November General Election results are in.
In the GOP primary for Justice of The Peace Precinct 4, Kim Webb picked up 896 votes, or 60.95 percent, to gain the nomination and ultimately the position, as no Democratic challenger filed.
Other candidates for the spot were Bill Cooke, who picked up 302 votes, and Mike Selmer, who gained 272 votes.
District Judge Travis Kitchens held off a challenge from Polk County DA Lee Hon in San Jacinto County, winning with 2,576 votes over Hon’s 1,571. In the three counties that make up the 258th District —Trinity, Polk and San Jacinto — Kitchens garnered 7,505votes, or 54.86 percent, to Hon’s 6,176.
No Democratic challenger filed for this position either.
The results of the other unopposed local races, all Republican, include:
- State Board of Education District 8: Audrey Young, 3,505
- State Senator District 5: Charles Schwertner, 3,499
- Criminal District Attorney: Todd Dillon, 3,712
- County Judge: Fritz Faulkner, 3,723
- District Clerk: Tammy Currie, 3,756
- County Clerk: Dawn Wright, 3,718
- County Treasurer: Deedee Adams, 3,726
- County Commissioner Precinct 2: Donny Marrs, 571
- Justice of The Peace Precinct 1: Christina McGee, 919
- Justice of The Peace Precinct 2: Harris Red Blanchette, 598
- Justice of The Peace Precinct 3: Randy Ellisor, 890
You are a guest
or post as a guest
This commment is unpublished.· 9 months agoIn the Precinct 4 JP race, there is an Independent candidate, Joy DeRaimo, running in November against the newly selected Republican candidate.
This commment is unpublished.· 8 months agoAs a Former candidate for this position and a Republican I strongly support Joy DeRaimo an Independent candidate and would encourage all of my supporters to Vote for her in November. This position someone of high integrity and moral structure. So VOTE JOY DERAIMO
This commment is unpublished.· 8 months agoYes joy deraimo is the best candidate