Hunters win contest
Special to the News-Times
Area youth hunters received awards in the annual Tu-MiIe Sportsmen’s Association Big Buck contest.
The association supports youth outdoor activities in Walker, Trinity, Grimes, Madison, Houston, Polk, and San Jacinto counties.
In the last five years, the association has donated more than $200,000 in outdoor sporting equipment and scholarships to more than 600 youth participants.
The 2021 Big guck Contest awarded over S20,000 in cash and prizes this year.
• Grand Prize Winner of a 2021 Polaris 450: Scott Whitehead of Richards
• Largest Buck and Trinity County Champion ($1,500): Joe Sinski with a 158 B.C.
• Ladies Division and Grimes County Champion ($1,000): Kerri Gilchrist with a 139 7/8 BC
• San Jacinto County Champion ($500): William Boyce with a 155 3/8 BC
• Madison County Champion ($500): Brandon Wood with a 120 6/8 BC
• Largest High Fence ($500): Garland Spivey with a 201 5/8 BC
• Largest 8-point Buck ($500): Jake Dixon with a 143 BC
In the Youth Division:
• Boys Largest Buck and Walker County Champion ($1,000)• Colton Harding with a 1477 BC
• Girls Largest Buck ($500): Mackenzie Dixon with a 102 5/8
• Boys Largest First Buck (.243 Ruger American Rifle): Nathan Garner with a 111 7/8 BC
• Youth Drawing: Benjamin Wells of Montgomery, .243 Ruger American Rifle
Special thanks to Jimmy and Shawn Harding of Walker County Hardware for serving as the contest’s main registration headquarters.
You are a guest
or post as a guest
Be the first to comment.