By Jan White
CROCKETT – The first major agenda item passed at the Commissioners Court meeting held on Tuesday, June 28, was to extend the burn ban to the court’s next scheduled meeting on July 12.
Also approved was the request from the District Attorney for approval of a SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) for Houston County as required under Texas Local Government Code #351.
The court moved quickly through the other agenda items:
• Approved the payment of $5,890.99 to Houston County Electric Cooperative to move the electrical line on CR 4555 as part of the new bridge construction
• Denied the request by UT Tyler to add their addendum to Houston County Senior Citizens Center rental agreement. The amendment requested by the University was to allow for electronic payment., but the Senior Center is not set up to accept electronic payments, only checks, cash, or money orders. Commissioners felt the request would cause an undue burden and thus voted not to accept the request.
• Approved the request for Hotel Occupancy Tax fund and Interlocal Agreement with Robin Ogg for the “Day Trippin” Entertainment Event on August 12-14 at the Crocket Family Resort. Ogg is requesting $2,000 to help cover the cost of entertainment for the event.
• Approved the dates and locations for the County-Wide Trash Cleanup scheduled for July 2022. The clean-up schedule is as follows: Precinct 1 will take place on July 9, and Precinct 2 will take place on July 16. Both will be at the Crockett transfer station. Precinct 3 clean-up will be on July 23 at Precinct 3 county barn, and Precinct 4 clean-up will take place on July 30 at the Precinct 4 county barn.
• Appointed Todd Stone as Commissioner to ESD No. 2
• Voted to update the County Travel policy with the new IRS mileage reimbursement rate effective July 1, of 62.5 cents a mile, up from 58.5 cents.
• Approval to determine eligible uses and authorizations of budget amendments for the American Rescue Plan Act.
• Approved advertising for bids and necessary budget amendments for the purchase of a used semi-truck for hauling for Precinct 3 with ARPA grant funds.